- 형용사 (Adjective)
- descending from a biological ancestor.
- proceeding from a figurative ancestor or source.
- 명사 (Noun)
- (literally) One who is the progeny of a specified person, at any distance of time or through any number of generations.
- (figuratively) A thing that derives directly from a given precursor or source.
- (biology) A later evolutionary type.
- (linguistics) A language that is descended from another.
- (linguistics) A word or form in one language that is descended from a counterpart in an ancestor language.
- This real-estate drama, however, has a twist: one of the area's gentrifiers is a stylish new restaurant and performance space opened by Michael Dorf, the founder of the Knitting Factory.